Medical Records

Q: How do I get a copy of my child's birth certificate?
A: If the child was born before 1990, call the Colorado Department of Health Vital Records Office at 303.692.2200. If the child was born in 1990 or later, call the Garfield County Clerk's Office at 970.945.2377.

Q: How do I access my medical record?
A: Your signature is necessary for the release of your medical record. This may be done in person at the AVH Medical Records Department, or it may be done by mail or fax. If you choose to sign for and obtain your record in person, we do ask that you call to schedule an appointment in order to minimize any waiting time on your part. To obtain a PDF copy of the release form, click here for the English version and click here for the Spanish version. To have a release form mailed or faxed to you, call 970.544.1290 or fax your request to 970.544.1587. We will then send you the proper paperwork, and when the form is completed and returned to us, we will copy and mail your record.

Q: Is my blood type on file?
A: Your blood type is on file only if you received a blood transfusion at AVH, or if you delivered a baby here and there were Rh risk factors. Otherwise, there would have been no reason for you to incur the additional expense of having your blood type determined.

0401 Castle Creek Road
Aspen, CO 81611

Contact AVH